I received my B. Eng. in Telecommunication Systems and Technologies (2014) and my M. Eng in Multimedia Technologies in Content Production for Audiovisual and Communication (2016) from Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunication and Information Technology (ETTI). In February 2022, I received my PhD degree (Summa Cum Laudae) after defending my thesis focused on developing and enhancing sensors and IoT systems based on LPWAN technologies. Since 2022, I am Lecturer with the Telecommunications Department, Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, University Politehnica of Bucharest. My main interests are automation, sensor systems and networks, Internet of Things and Internet of Medical Things, LPWAN communication technologies.
Why did I decide following the doctoral studies?
I wanted to become both an academic and IoT specialist, equally engaged in research and implementation. I started PhD studies as a natural consequence of my personal development: Besides the strong desire to follow an academic career, I liked the idea of mastering a domain at a high level such that, when someone needed expertise in that field, to be a key person for his/her project or solution. Of course, this is a benign self-trap which keeps you continuously up-to-date and engaged in the research. During PhD studies, I have interacted with a lot of specialists, I saw the dos and don’ts and even now I enrich my life experiences, not only the theoretical knowledge. For me, PhD means being alone (as you have to find yourself that particular thing which makes your thesis improve the domain you chose) and being in a team simultaneously (as you often are co-opted in research projects where you bring your ideas). To this end, in October 2016 I joined as a PhD student the Doctoral School of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, University Politehnica of Bucharest, SD-ETTI (https://www.sdetti.upb.ro/) from which I graduated in February 2022.
I have participated in the following national projects:
- 2018-2020, Research Assistant, MultiMonD2 Project, “Platform of multi-agent intelligent systems for water quality monitoring on the Romanian sector of the Danube and Danube Delta”, contract no. 33PCCDI / 2018 (UPB project manager Prof. Octavian Fratu)
- 2018-2020, Technical-Scientific Respondent, SmartAgro Project: “Telemetry System for Smart Agriculture (SmartAgro)”, subsidiary contract no. 8592 / 08.05.2018 within the project “Ecosystem of research, innovation and development of ICT products and services for a company connected to the Internet of Things - NETIO”, contract no. 53 / 05.09.2016 (Project Manager UPB: Assoc. Prof. Ioana Marcu
- October 2020-present, Research Assistant, SmartDelta Project: “Increasing the innovative competitiveness of SC AdNet Market Media through initial innovation investments, in order to achieve a SmartDelta technology platform, within a newly established unit for collaborative CD activities effective "(UPB Project Manager: Assoc. Prof. Șerban Obreja)
- November 2020-present, Research Assistant, NGI-UAV-AGRO Project, "Next Generation Internet Platform based on 5G and UAVs for precision agriculture" (UPB Project Manager: Assoc. Prof. Ioana Marcu)
- 2017, Research Assistant, FractOFDM Project, “OFDM system based on the use of FFT with incomplete argument (FractOFDM)” - PN3 contract type "PED" no. 213PED/2017 (UPB project manager Prof. Simona Halunga)
- 2017-2020, Research Assistant „Integrated Software Platform for Terminal Malware Analysis mobile (ToR-SIM) ”- PN3 contract type“ Solutions ”no. 5Sol/2017 (Project manager Prof. Octavian Fratu)
- 2018-2020, Research Assistant, "Integrated Information System for Business Management (SIIMA)"
- PN3 contract type "Solutions" no. 8Sol/2018 (UPB project manager Prof. Octavian Fratu)
- 2017-2018, PhD student, GEX-2017 Project, "Modeling small-scale road traffic" (Project manager: Lect. Radu Badea)
- 2017-2018, PhD student, GEX-2017 Project Modulation ΣΔ in 5G systems (ModΣs) ", contract no. 43/25.09.2017 (Project director: Assoc. Prof. Ioana Marcu)